• Twitter
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Monday, January 10, 2011

Anxiety on the rise.

For the last 3 months, I believe have been incredibly challenging for me. I also have not been as happy as I once had been. I get how life has ups and downs to endure and understanding and getting through is what it's all about. I feel very apologetic to my friends as of late. I am constantly apologizing for things I can't control or just even my moods. I know people don't want to be around someone who is just down on their luck or even hear about it. Two things happen to me during this time, I want to be around people so I feel better and I want to be alone so I don't effect or drag someone down.
I am down because of the necessary evil, that is money. I made some poor choices in my young adult life and now I feel as if things are pilling up. I really don't want to go into bankruptcy... I can't even afford someone to help me with that. It's truly amazing how having a job and steady income can help alleviate that, but in my case it will only help me just scrape by. I am afraid of a couple things right now and as hard as I been trying to take a stand to fix them, I feel frustrated and even more disconcerting then last week. I want to be able to sign this new lease with confidence that I am able to keep living in my place. I really REALLY don't want to work retail but right now it's looking more like I have to. Places like Rite Aid and JCPenney have ruined it for me. Perhaps if I didn't end up working for a big corporation I could handle it a little more or as my friend said, "Something a little more specialized". I think I could handle specialized kind of places like a book store or a flower store, because then even if I got paid just barely enough to exist then all my hard work won't be in vein to some where I strongly dislike, but rather a place that is pleasant and fun to work in such as the yoga studio.
I am kind of tired of working really hard and barely scraping by. Hopefully school will indeed help me out in getting out of this funk I have been stuck in for 3 years and get me on the track I have always strife for and that is financially sound and independent.

1 comment:

  1. It worries me that you have been so bummed lately... You know that your self worth has absolutely nothing to do with your net worth, right? Because you're a pretty amazing individual, and you have a army of people who have faith in you and know that you're going to end up doing something incredible that will make you happy!

    Places to check out that may or may not be of interest- Molbak's in Woodinville is like an oasis. It is seriously a zen-ful place, and I bet they wouldn't mind having someone with a graphic background to help out with flyers and stuff eventually. I know they have a sorry lack of awesome pictures on their website.

    MudBay- When I was working at the Place That Shall Not Be Named (initials AtB) I had some of the best times of my life- pets AND nutrition. It was a really fun job, up until internal politics killed off the joy. Lots of opportunities within a smaller company- making flyers, graphic design, as well as helping people set up their place for brand new puppies (and kittens)- it was hard to not leave work happy. Although dealing with dogs may not be your cup of tea..

    Speaking of tea! Have you considered a tea place? Treasures and Tea in Edmonds was an incredible shop, and last time I stopped in the employee was mentioning that the owner wanted a website. Even something more commercial like Teavana would be pretty fun, you know your tea- you'd be a shoe-in! And I bet the clients would be a lot less pissy than those highly caffeinated coffee drinkers.

    Hope you don't mind the suggestions, just be racking my brain for potential opportunities that may not completely suck. Hope you're having a nice night!

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

12 Street West Victoria 1234 Australia

Phone number

+(12) 3456 789

Website

www.johnsmith.com